With the rise in popularity of online marketing, many proven offline methods are simply forgotten when marketing campaigns are planned. Of course, online marketing is hugely important in today’s Internet-connected world, but offline engagement with customers still has unique and distinct value that shouldn’t be forgotten.
If you want to give your business a real marketing boost this year, start looking outside the box. Here are five forgotten offline marketing tactics that don’t require a big marketing budget.
1. Engage in offline guerrilla marketing
Guerrilla marketing is a generic term for the use of unconventional marketing strategies, and because online marketing channels are so narrowly structured, offline is the best arena to flex your small business’s guerrilla marketing muscle. So, starting now, ignore what you know about marketing channels, and let your inner child out to play.
Offline guerrilla marketing ideas:
- Leave sticky notes in random places (bars, coffee shops).
- Use chalk to advertise promotions on a sidewalk.
- “Accidentally” leave a branded pen at the bank.
- Donate branded bookmarks to your local library.
- Use sticky notes to create temporary images on buildings, cars, etc.