From nothing to Technorati’s #1 business blog in a little over four months.
That’s quite a story.
It’s Michael Stelzner’s. And on the latest episode of The Lede, he shares two of the most important ingredients in his online success — ingredients that too often get overlooked.
Capturing emails and committing to quality … Stelzner has been steadfast with both since launching Social Media Examiner, and the site’s sustained success is a testament to their importance.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Michael’s early commitment to email
- The specific strategies he used (and you can, too) to attract 10,000 email signups in four months
- The “hardest part” about email campaigns
- How Michael and his team get the information that lets them plan their editorial calendar
- The meticulous editing process each piece of content goes through
- Tips you can implement today to improve your own content quality
We also discuss the upcoming Social Media Marketing World event Michael is hosting in San Diego, where Brian Clark is among the loaded list of presenters.